Do you plan to do business in China, but don’t know where to start from?
Do you have operations in China, but need support services on the ground?
Executives at many SMEs don’t have the time and resources to delve into the vast amount of information needed for doing business in China and engage in its administrative complexities. To help executives, CCBC offers a range of professional, flexible, and multi-locational resources so that companies can leverage their core competencies and avoid the common pitfalls associated with early stages of doing business in China. Moreover, CCBC’s incubation platform services provide an opportunity for companies to get settled gradually in the market without incurring unnecessary operational costs. Our SME services are focused on an SME’s specific needs and challenges.
Nearly two thirds of CCBC members are SMEs. CCBC helps SME members explore, evaluate, source, sell, and invest in China. We also connect them with potential Chinese investors.
CCBC Offers Needs-based Services and Support Mechanisms
For SMEs Considering Doing Business in China
- Market research and intelligence
- Understand the Chinese economic model including five-year economic plans
- Identify new or emerging market trends in China
- Conduct industry-specific due diligence
- Understand financial institutions, capital markets, and credit financing
For SMEs Ready to Do Business in China
- Advisory services on brand launches and product marketing
- Guidance on cross-cultural communications and Chinese practices
- Assistance with corporate registration
- Guidance on IP, trademark and copyright protection
- Referrals for business registration, commercial real estate, recruitment, and taxation
- Connections to the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, Export Development Canada and like-minded partner agencies
- Outreach to municipal, provincial, national economic development and investment attraction agencies in China
For SMEs Already Doing Business in China
- Assistance with public and government relations
- Mentoring by larger Canadian established companies in China
- Services and support customized to member requirements
- Organizing CCBC events, engaging stakeholders and decision makers
- Participation in high-level Canada-China policy issues
- All members get priority notification of key events, seminars and missions, including our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Policy Conference, coaching, mentoring sessions as well as networking opportunities with other members of the Canadian business community in China
Fill Your China Toolbox
China Toolbox is a package of customized training in business culture, negotiating techniques, understanding China, intellectual property protection, and other business topics that directly impact your business operations in China.